Leading So People Thrive - How to Drive Workplace Wellbeing - Virtual
- Region: Nationwide
Want to overcome the challenges of stressed staff and create a thriving workplace culture that maximizes both wellbeing and productivity?
If you are a member of HRNZ, please log in through the HRNZ website to access your member discount.
All pricing includes GST.
- HRNZ Member = $680.00
- Non-member = $820.00
This program will be limited to 30 attendees and run virtually via Zoom over two weeks:
- Thursday 20 October (9am-12:30pm)
- Thursday 27 October (9am-12:30pm)
In 2017, the WHO cited leadership commitment and engagement as the most important factor to achieve healthy workplaces (source here). Come away from this session understanding the importance of workplace wellbeing and how you can create a positive, energised culture where people can perform at their best.
As they say – ‘culture eats strategy for breakfast.’ But do you and your leaders know how to foster the right culture?
This course will focus on why workplace wellbeing matters, why your wellbeing matters and why your leadership matters. It will help you and your leaders build a thriving organizational culture by taking a positive, proactive approach.
- Understand the costs of stress and poor health and its effect on turnover, engagement and productivity.
- Reflect on your wellbeing and the behaviours you demonstrate that influence your team.
- Be introduced to the fundamental five Live Well Principles so you can thrive personally.
- Learn practical time-saving ways to boost your health, energy and resilience, reduce stress, restore balance and massively increase productivity for yourself and your team.
- Discover how leaders can foster a culture that supports wellbeing and where to start.
- Understand how to recognise when staff are experiencing mental distress and how to respond.
- Discover the four pillars of trust, how to avoid the two fatal flaws and practical ways to build psychological safety and a high-trust team through your leadership style.
- Understand how to create buy-in and foster positive change through the way you lead.
Who Should Attend This Course:
HR and people and culture professionals at any stage of their practice, as well as business owners, managers, CEOs and team leaders. You’ll come away with evidence-based strategies that will help you create an environment where everyone can thrive and perform at their best.
All personal development events are subject to HRNZ Terms and Conditions.
Registrations close 08:30am Thursday 13 October (unless sold out).
About the Presenter - Lauren Parsons
Lauren is an award-winning Wellbeing Specialist who believes that everyone deserves to thrive. She is passionate about equipping and inspiring people to truly boost their health and happiness. With 20 years’ experience in the health and wellbeing profession she is a sought after speaker, coach and consultant.
TEDx speaker, Author of real food less fuss, and Seven Fitness Myths to Overcome, founder of the Snack on Exercise movement and host of the Thrive TV Show. Lauren helps busy people re-discover how to feel vibrant, confident and energised.
Based in Manawatu, New Zealand with her husband and three children, she can often be found hosting dinner parties, spending time outdoors or playing board games. Lauren specialises in helping organisations create a high-energy, peak-performance team culture, where everyone can thrive.
For more info on Lauren Parsons see www.LaurenParsonsWellbeing.com
Feedback from external sessions
"This is the best course I've been a part of. It was so informative, and really got me thinking about my leadership style and provided practical ways I can improve my skills and my own wellbeing." - Kym, Manager
"I’ve done leadership courses before, but none of them got you to start by focusing on yourself. This course shows you how to build a foundation to be a better leader and a better person. I really enjoyed the approach from the person up, rather from leadership down." - Denise, Support Services Director
“Lauren is an engaging presenter who brings a wealth of knowledge across a broad range of wellness areas.” - Kelly, HR Manager
An appropriate substitute participant is welcome any time before the course starts. Please let us know the replacement's name. If you have booked on a member price and a non member is to attend in your place you will be invoiced for the difference in price.
A refund of fees will be made if a cancellation is received in writing at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the course.
Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received after this date and you are liable for the full cost of attendance at the course.