WEBINAR: Preventing Suicide in the Workplace: Research & Strategies 2021
- Duration: 1 hour
- Region: Nationwide
To mark World Suicide Prevention Day (Sept 10th 2021), HRNZ is running a webinar to help you and your employees.
If you are a member of HRNZ, please log in through the HRNZ website to access your member discount.
All pricing includes GST.
- HRNZ Member = Free (for a limited number)
- Non-member = $34.50
To mark World Suicide Prevention Day (Sept 10th 2021) HRNZ is running a webinar designed to empower HR professionals to know what they can do to actively reduce the chances of a suicide occurring in their workplace. The webinar will offer the latest research and practical suggestions on how prevent suicide.
This webinar will cover:
- What is the latest research about suicide, how can it can be prevented?
- What are some of the main reasons why people become suicidal and how can this be reduced?
- How does poor sleep and a history of trauma affect suicide?
- Common myths and misconceptions about suicide.
- How to approach someone who you suspect may be suicidal and where your should refer them?
- How to support staff if there has been a death by suicide in the workplace.
- How you can build a strong and resilient workplace culture that makes suicide unlikely.
Facilitated by Michael Hempseed
Michael Hempseed is the author of Being A True Hero: Understanding and Preventing Suicide in Your Community. The book is being used by the New Zealand Police, Fire and Emergency NZ, GPs, Counsellors as well as many parents and teachers. He has trained everyone from army medics to social workers to health and safety companies. Michael gained an honours degree in Psychology from the University of Canterbury in 2008. In 2016 he spoke at TEDx.
All personal development events are subject to HRNZ Terms and Conditions.
Registrations close 10:30am the day of the webinar.
An appropriate substitute participant is welcome any time before the webinar starts. Please let us know the replacement's name. If you have booked on a member price and a non member is to attend in your place you will be invoiced for the difference in price.
A refund of fees will be made if a cancellation is received in writing at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the webinar.
Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received after this date and you are liable for the full cost of attendance at the webinar.