Recruiting Top Talent - Wellington
- Duration: 8 hours
- Region: Wellington
- Venue: Cliftons Auckland
This course will provide practical guidance on best practice of recruitment, selection and job offers.
If you are a member of HRNZ, please log in through the HRNZ website to access your member discount.
Earlybird tickets are available until 29 August 2019. All pricing includes GST.
- HRNZ Member = $920.00
- Non-member = $1,150.00
- HRNZ Member = $1,035.00
- Non-member = $1,380.00
Finding and hiring the right people is important as we compete for the best and brightest workers. This course will focus on how to attract talent through different forms of advertising and marketing, including social media and networking. Discover how to advertise company values and the employee value proposition.
Learn how unconscious biases can impact on your organisation. Find out how to manage personal biases from hiring decisions to ensure greater diversity in your organisation.
This course focuses on how to win talent through effective recruitment. It is an introduction into the topics of selection, offer and acceptance, so you can meet legal requirements and ensure you choose the best candidates for your organisation.
We will consider case studies to discuss best practice in effective recruitment, and participants are encouraged to engage and interact through practical activities.
- Strategies for attracting talent through different forms of advertising and marketing
- Recruitment options including social media and networking
- Advertising company values and employee value proposition - company values, diversity, flexible working arrangements, wellness and career pathways
- Preliminary considerations, including job analysis and writing the job description
- Selection process: work sample testing and pre-work trials
- Getting psychometric testing and pre-employment checks right
- Understand how unconscious biases impact on decision making
- Managing personal unconscious biases
- Consider how to reduce unconscious biases from hiring decisions
- Legal issues relating to recruitment and selection processes
- Avoiding discrimination claims
- Making employment offers – what the letter of offer should contain
- Legal obligations in hiring new staff, including minimum requirements
- Managing legal changes to the 90 day trial period, including probationary periods
- Providing new employee documentation, including employment agreements
After participating in this course participants will be able to:
- Describe different recruitment and selection methods to attract and hire the right candidates
- Identify and manage unconscious biases that can impact on hiring decisions
- Identify legal requirements relating to recruitment and selection
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at providing practical guidance on best practice of recruitment, selection and job offers. It is useful for all HR professionals in their first 5 years, people managers, governance and business owners.
All personal development events are subject to HRNZ Terms and Conditions.
Registrations close 08:30am Tuesday 24 September.
About the Presenters
Julia Shallcrass is an employment lawyer who specialises in legal education on contemporary workplace issues.
As director of KiwiBoss, she delivers in-house training and public training on HR and people management to help businesses create better workplaces.
Julia is part of the KiwiBoss team that delivers public courses through HRINZ, and in partnership with Auldhouse.
Julia is a regular webinar presenter for CCH Learning, and subject matter expert for Kineo online training.
She has lectured in Human Resources, Business Ethics and Business Communication for tertiary institutions. Julia is an employment columnist for NZ Herald.
Kathryn Finn is an experienced HR Consultant and Facilitator for KiwiBoss. She has a degree in Psychology and Sociology and a Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management.
She has dealt with a wide range of HR issues and recruitment both in the UK and New Zealand, including flexible working, workplace policies, and essential HR practices.
Kathryn has lectured for a tertiary institution in HR and Management.
She is passionate about creating an engaging workplace that gets the best out of its people, in an environment that is positive and productive.
About KiwiBoss Limited
KiwiBoss provides businesses with people management training and consultancy.
Our training is designed to help clients solve workplace problems, manage contemporary Human Resources issues, and create brighter workplaces. Our employment law expertise assists in compliance with legal obligations.
Our clients include small to medium businesses, large corporates, charitable organisations, and government departments.
We help businesses create a more productive and engaged workforce by managing issues, such as:
- reducing stress in the workplace
- improving flexible working
- increasing employee engagement
- business continuity planning
- An appropriate substitute participant is welcome any time before the course or webinar starts. Please let us know the replacement's name. If you have booked on a member price and a non member is to attend in your place you will be invoiced for the difference in price.
- A refund of fees will be made if a cancellation is received in writing at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the course or webinar.
- Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received after this date and you are liable for the full cost of attendance at the course or webinar.