QUEENSTOWN BRANCH: Enhancing Social Sustainability - DATE CHANGE
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Region: Queenstown Southern Lakes
- Venue: Novotel Hotel
Please join Mel Haarer, Connect and Care for a community workshop looking at ways to "enhance social sustainability”
PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF DATE AND VENUE
The workshop will cover the following areas:
- Advocate story and journey leading to the delivery of the community advocacy educational wellbeing program
- Introduction to the "Five Ways to Wellbeing”
- Upcoming opportunities dovetailing with the community wellbeing program: CONNECTION ARMY
- Active listening exercise
- Exploring different mindLESSness methods to work best for individual participants needs
- Exploring ways to enhance focus and stress management at work, home and in everyday life: 10 minute guided meditation practice
- Q and A session
- FAREWELL HUGS AND GRATITUDE FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
About our Presenter
Mel Haarer is a WELLBEING MOTIVATOR, community advocate, aged 46, raising head health awareness. Passionate about creating positive change in our community. Purposely “enhancing the social sustainability” for our awesome people. Mel believes that together we can reduce isolation and vulnerability. Mel and her wellbeing workshop co-facilitator STIG are on a mission: to form a CONNECTION ARMY. An online educational platform soon to be launched, reinforcing the "five ways to wellbeing” explored in her workshop.
Mel is also a super proud solo mum to her little 8 year old energetic star of a boy.
Originally from Devon in the UK, and having lived in Queenstown for almost 13 years. In the more recent years she has really discovered the strong sense of community here. Mel is striving for others to enjoy, strengthen and benefit from this and she understands the challenges we face living here in the Wakatipu.
Mel’s keen interests are her son number one, meditation, mindfulness, social sustainability, travel, tramping, good food and wine, varied cultures, diversity and inclusion, self development, psychology and of course……Devonshire clotted cream. Mel also LOVES going nuts on the dance floor when the occasion arises.
- HRNZ Members $20.00
- HRNZ Student Members $20.00
- Non Members $30.00
Please note our prices include GST
HRNZ Members: to receive the member discount please LOG IN to the HRNZ website FIRST and register through the BUY TICKETS link in the event listing. This will give you access to your member discount.
Non members can register through the BUY TICKETS link
Fees will be due for payment in full for each branch event, and are non-refundable unless cancellation has been confirmed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two working days before the event.
Cancellations and Refunds
To receive a full refund cancellations must be received by HRNZ by email to email@example.com two working days before the day of the event.
Cancellations after this time and/or 'no shows' on the day will be payable in full.
Appropriate substitutions are welcome - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their details.