WEBINAR: HR Guide to Managing Staff Working from Home
- Duration: 1 hour
- Region: Nationwide
This webinar will discuss tips on how to manage work effectively from home that will assist during the lockdown and beyond.
If you are a member of HRNZ, please log in through the HRNZ website to access your member discount.
All pricing includes GST.
- HRNZ Member = $23.00
- Non-member = $34.50
Find out how to effective manage workers from home during the COVID-19 lockdown, while complying with lawful requirements. This webinar will focus on how to consult with staff about working from home, manage health and safety obligations, and create workplace policies for best practice.
We will discuss tips on how to work effectively from home that will assist during the lockdown and beyond. There will also be opportunities for attendees to share their own best practice remote working tips.
Topics covered include:
- The Government requirement for non-essential workers to stay at home during Covid-19 Alert Level 4
- Consulting with staff about working from home
- Managing requests for flexible working under the Employment Relations Act
- Benefits of working from home for you and your team, including on an ongoing basis
- Identifying common pitfalls of working from home
- Using technology effectively for secure storage and transmission of information
- Setting up virtual meetings for communication with clients and colleagues
- Managing health and safety issues, including staff workload and supporting wellbeing for greater productivity
- Guidelines on how to effectively work from home by setting boundaries, preparing your workspace and your work day
- What to include in your working from home policies
This webinar is useful for anyone who is would like to ensure they are complying with lawful requirements. This webinar is designed for anyone who has not previously attended training with Julia from KiwiBoss about how to effectively manage staff working from home.
Facilitated by Julia Shallcrass - Kiwiboss
Julia Shallcrass is an employment lawyer who specialises in legal education on contemporary workplace issues.
As director of KiwiBoss, she delivers in-house training and public training on HR and people management to help businesses create better workplaces.
Julia is part of the KiwiBoss team that delivers public courses through HRNZ, and in partnership with Auldhouse.
Julia is a regular webinar presenter for CCH Learning, and subject matter expert for Kineo online training.
She has lectured in Human Resources, Business Ethics and Business Communication for tertiary institutions. Julia is an employment columnist for NZ Herald.
All personal development events are subject to HRNZ Terms and Conditions.
Registrations close 11:00am the day of the webinar.
An appropriate substitute participant is welcome any time before the webinar starts. Please let us know the replacement's name. If you have booked on a member price and a non member is to attend in your place you will be invoiced for the difference in price.
A refund of fees will be made if a cancellation is received in writing at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the webinar.
Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received after this date and you are liable for the full cost of attendance at the webinar.