WEBINAR: Menopause in the Workplce
- Duration: 1 hour
- Region: Nationwide
This webinar will discuss how businesses can support menopause and create awareness.
If you are a member of HRNZ, please log in through the HRNZ website to access your member discount.
All pricing includes GST.
- HRNZ Member = $46.00
- Non-member = $69.00
Why talk about menopause at work? And why now? In this webinar, Thea will be covering the business, legal, demographic and social responsibility case.
- The facts - what is menopause and how does it affect women? Women themselves can feel in the dark about the range of symptoms that this life-stage can bring. We cover the upsides as well as the challenges.
- How menopause affects work and how work-related factors affect menopause.
- What working women say they want. Based on published research as well as interviews.
- Practical first steps for workplaces interested in putting menopause on their agenda.
Attendees will come away with:
- an understanding of the business case for menopause awareness in workplaces
- greater insight into the lived experience of working through menopause
- increased confidence in starting conversations about menopause in their own workplace
- ideas about the practical forms of support workplaces can offer.
- selected tools to get started.
Facilitated by Thea O'Connor
Thea O’Connor is a senior advisor on workplace wellbeing and productivity, helping leaders, teams and individuals improve their workplace engagement and effectiveness through body intelligence and better health. She draws on 30 year’s experience in health promotion including in the fields of nutrition (as a dietitian), body image, sleep science and workplace health.
Based on her own research into the needs of mid-life working women, Thea created The Change – a confidential online program for working women experiencing menopause, as well as Menopause@Work training program for managers. She is at the forefront of raising awareness in Australasia.
At the heart of all Thea’s work is the mission of rehumanising our work ethic so it is fashioned around human biological rhythms rather than around machines.
All personal development events are subject to HRNZ Terms and Conditions.
Registrations close 10:00am the day of the webinar.
An appropriate substitute participant is welcome any time before the webinar starts. Please let us know the replacement's name. If you have booked on a member price and a non member is to attend in your place you will be invoiced for the difference in price.
A refund of fees will be made if a cancellation is received in writing at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the webinar.
Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received after this date and you are liable for the full cost of attendance at the webinar.