Head of Learning Experience - EMA
For over 130 years the Employers and Manufacturer’s Association (EMA) has been at the forefront of the business environment providing New Zealand businesses with practical support and reliable employer advice, as well as access to high quality training solutions and a wide variety of events and conferences. We focus on helping businesses from across all sectors and industries to succeed, transform, and grow.
Our team are insightful, purpose-driven curious thinkers who have their finger on the pulse of New Zealand and global best business practices.
About the role
As the Head of EMA Learning, you will be responsible for creating and executing a national learning strategy and business model for the EMA and BusinessNZ Network. This will involve working alongside employers to inspire and engage their people, bringing about long-term capability and culture change through blended learning solutions. These solutions will be designed to enable and equip people to perform and achieve success in their businesses, and life-long learning for their staff.
You will drive the Learning business to be recognised by employers and their staff for excellence in learning domains, and the overall contribution to local and national business communities.
Reporting to the Head of Services & Operations, you will be responsible for:
- leading and managing the learning business so that it realises its potential and delivers excellence in the full portfolio of academic activity, within the context of their operational, quality, and strategic development.
- leveraging the investment in existing programs, accumulated domain knowledge, and qualified learning leaders within the Network.
- evolving the learning prorgammes to a contemporary blended learning approach that enhances the learner experience and delivers ongoing growth for businesses.
- optimising learning management and technology enabled learning solutions.
You are a passionate & devoted learning leader who has led or developed a learning practice, understands a blended learning program, digital experience & not to mention a strong commercial acumen.
You will have:
- strong leadership capability and experience in dealing/collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- a comprehensive understanding of best and emerging learning and development practices and be skilled in the application of contemporary learning design techniques, including human centred design, social learning, and blended learning
- proven record of accomplishment of leading high performing learning teams (ideally nationally) and creating inclusive environments
- thrive in a complex and fast paced environment and able to navigate and lead through ambiguity
- ability to influence across teams, geographies, and all levels of the organisation
- commercially minded strategic thinker with strong client and learner focus
- team player with an inclusive, empathetic, and self-driven style.
In joining a truly passionate team, you will enjoy many benefits such as:
- Competitive remuneration package inclusive of full medical insurance and income protection
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working options
- Professional and personal development
- Discounted gym membership with Les Mills
- Free onsite parking at our Grafton office.
At the EMA we are committed to helping member businesses succeed through support, advice, learning and advocacy. Now is your opportunity to be a part of making a difference to businesses, communities in New Zealand!
If you are interested in the position, please send through your CV & details to Aimee Graham at [email protected]
Employment Type: Permanent
Capability Level: Shapes
Domains of Knowledge: Learning and Development
This employer recognises the value of Professional Accreditation with HRNZ.
Find out more about Professional Accreditation and The Path - the Capability Framework for HR Professionals.