Head of People and Culture
Head of People and Culture
- Connect people to purpose
- Influence the shape and direction of the organisation as it evolves
- Flexible on location, flexible on hours
Our client is all about helping everyday New Zealanders achieve their financial goals. Being 100% kiwi owned, this cooperative is very proud to support New Zealanders with a range of loans and everyday banking services. With a distribution network throughout the country their purpose is both unique and compelling “We exist to bring humanity back to banking” …. it doesn’t get much more meaningful than this!
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and leading a team of 3-4, you will work closely with the Board, CEO, and members of the executive leadership team to ensure strategic objectives are met across the organisation for anything people and culture. You will become a "unified people brand" through delivering an employee experience that inspires and deeply connects people to the purpose. This role is responsible for building a strong employment brand to attract new talent and enable their people to be "go-getters" to achieve their personal goals with the organisation.
Your key responsibilities will be leading the people team to provide people and employment relations advice to managers and staff in accordance with NZ employment law. You’ll be developing the leadership capability and supporting leaders to develop high quality workplace relations with team members to increase staff engagement. In addition, this role has you leading the organisational design and workforce planning to build capability that will be fit for purpose and aligned to the organisation’s future direction.
We are looking for an experienced people leader who has the strategic capability and drive for innovation and invention but can also get down in the detail with ER, training and development, change management, talent management, performance reviews and renumeration. More specifically you will have the following:
- Proven experience in a senior HR advisory or manager role
- Significant experience in developing and delivering focussed people and culture strategies and processes in diverse successful organisations
- Ability to provide strategic HR advice to senior management
- Strong in-depth knowledge of NZ employment law
- Proven experience in partnering with unions and collective bargaining
- A background in leading People projects, from scope to delivery
- Demonstrated high levels of IT literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Because of the national presence of this entity there is flexibility in where the position is located. The position is full-time however the organisation is open to flexibility on how these hours are structured.
To submit your application or for more information, please contact either Dale Gray or Sarah Humm on 09 913 0178.