HR Advisor – Fixed Term - Port Nelson Ltd
We have a great opportunity for a full-time HR Advisor to join our team and support us with our HR for the next 12 months. This is due to an increase in recruitment and to further support our team with day-to-day people issues. This role is for somebody who is passionate about people, a positive team player who has experience providing HR advice, experienced with recruitment and enjoys being the first line support to our people.
If you love a fast-paced environment, have strong ER and Recruitment skills, are process driven and precise with details, then this is the job for you. The ideal candidate will be someone who is highly flexible and adaptable with a strong work ethic who would like to be part of a busy and vibrant team.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
· Provide practical day to day advice to managers with general ER queries
· Coaching manager and employees in resolving operational HR & ER related issues
· Support the HR Manager & GM People & Safety with Union related activities
· Manage PNL’s performance management framework
· Provide support to the HR Manager in the implementation of ER strategies
Skills and attributes, we are looking for include:
· At least three years’ experience in generalist HR role ideally in a unionised environment
· Strong knowledge of NZ employment law and Human Resource management best practices
· Ability to formulate and achieve sound HR solutions in a commercial environment
· Ability to hit the ground running with COVID initiatives
· High organisational skills, with great attention to detail
· Customer focused with resiliency and flexibility
You will receive:
· A competitive remuneration package
· The chance to further and grow your HR skills within a large local organisation
· Supportive team environment
You probably already know Port Nelson’s reputation as a great place to work. It is the maritime gateway for the top of the South Island and a vital hub for economic activity and a key stakeholder in the region’s continued growth and prosperity.
At Port Nelson Ltd, irrespective of our positions, we all strive to uphold our “ASPIRE” values: Accountability, Safety, Passion, Integrity/honesty, Respect and Excellence.
Please be aware that a pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol screen is part of our recruitment process.
Please also be aware that as a border facing organisation, a COVID-19 vaccination will be required.
We need to move quickly and we will be assessing applications as they are received, so please apply ASAP via [email protected]