HR Partner - PowerNet
At PowerNet our people are committed to providing safe, efficient and reliable power to our communities across the lower South Island. We are an industry leader and as such progression and innovation is at the forefront of our business. We are committed to learning more about emerging technologies and the impact this will have on our customers, communities and networks we manage.
We have an outstanding opportunity to join the People, Culture and Communication team as one of our three PowerNet ‘Human Resources Partners’. As PowerNet works across Otago and Southland, this role can be based in our Invercargill, Balclutha or Gore office and will report directly to the GM People, Culture and Communication.
The People, Culture and Communication team is accountable for all aspects of Human Resources, Payroll, Occupational Health and Communication. Our vision is to Tautoko (Support) / Taea (Enable) and Tuku (Deliver) positive outcomes through effective partnerships.
As an HR Partner you will:
- Enjoy a high degree of autonomy with the knowledge there are others in the team who you can call on for support.
- Be responsible for partnering with your dedicated customer group, supporting leaders to get the best out of their people.
- Be involved in all aspects of HR and will have the opportunity to lead human resource projects which apply more broadly across PowerNet.
- Primarily be based in Invercargill, Balclutha or Gore. However, as part of your role, you will also work from other depot locations in Otago and Southland.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related discipline
- Sound knowledge of Human Resources fundamentals
- Innovative and forward thinking with high levels of resilience
- A sense of humour and a drive to achieve results
- Proven recruitment and generalist experience
- At least two years prior experience in an HR position, with prior experience working in an HR partnership model preferred
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player who has a pragmatic, flexible and adaptable approach. You will be empowered to develop HR solutions to business problems and opportunities and trusted to provide leadership in Human Resources to your customer group. You will be someone who delivers customer focused results and will pride yourself on being upfront and honest, want to make a difference and take a “Do it once, do it right” approach to your work.
Here at PowerNet our people are our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing a caring team environment, a balanced approach to work and personal life, while encouraging professional and personal growth for everyone. Here's how we do it…
- 5 weeks' Annual Leave
- Ability to participate in a 9-day fortnight flexible work arrangement scheme
- 100% Subsidised Health Insurance, with a company discount that extends to family members also
- 100% Subsidised Death and Disability Insurance
- A Health and Wellbeing programme, including a yearly lifestyle benefit and free fruit
- A supportive work environment with professional development opportunities
How to Apply
For more information or to view a Position Description please contact Holly Rouse on 03 211 8806 or 021 859 527. Please apply online via seek or alternatively via our website https://careers.powernet.co.nz/start-your-career/
Please attach an up to date CV and cover letter with your application.
- PowerNet requires all staff to hold a current My Vaccine Pass.
- All applicants must be currently in New Zealand and eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close Monday 24 January 2022 8.30am