Human Resources Business Partner - Dunedin City Council
- Shape the New Business Partner Model
- Join a Growing HR Team
- Dunedin based
About The Role:
Reporting to the Manager Human Resources and Organisational Development, you will work closely with General Managers and teams within your portfolio groups to provide strategic and tactical HR solutions to business needs.
Dunedin City Council are focussed on increasing resource in HR, and this is a great opportunity to join a growing team where you can go on the journey together to implement the new business partner model.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide expertise and guidance across the full range of the human resources portfolio, earning the trust of peers & leaders throughout the business
- Partner confidently with your portfolio groups to deeply understand their business objectives, providing generalist operational services and support
- Assist teams to design workforce plans and work through organisational change
- Oversee health and safety activities for your portfolio groups.
Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will be an experienced Human Resources practitioner with an interest in Organisational Development, Learning & Development and Workforce planning. You will:
- Be experienced in partnering with leaders to effectively deliver the range of HR services
- Have a positive leadership approach with the ability to influence in a complex work environment
- Have good knowledge of New Zealand Employment legislation and regulations
- Be experienced with the development and implementation of OD and Learning & Development initiatives
- Be a good team player, actively contributing to HR planning and direction of the HR team
- Be known for building trusting, respectful relationships, successfully dealing with a range of key stakeholders using an inclusive and approachable working style.
About the Company:
Dunedin City Council has set a clear vision for Dunedin to be “One of the World’s Great Small Cities”. This is focused on fostering a city with a thriving economy and a healthy environment with an active, creative, resilient and vibrant community. The City of Dunedin is one of New Zealand’s progressive urban centres with a population of 130,000. Renowned for its outstanding quality of life, heritage buildings and international reputation as a centre for tertiary education, it also has strengths in the primary sector, engineering, information technology and tourism.
Kotahitanga: at the Dunedin City Council we work together to be:
To apply by email, please attach your cover letter and CV and send to [email protected] quoting 7976hrnz. Applications close on on 30 January 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged, and further correspondence may be by email.
To view the Candidate Briefing document including a full Position Description please visit www.sheffield.co.nz
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367.