Learning and Development Facilitator - NZQA Focus - Spectrum Foundation
Convenient central Auckland location in Greenlane
3 year fixed term position
Up to $80K
- Use all your learning & development skills
- Work within a skilled, enthusiastic and supportive team
- Opportunity to make a difference as an inspiring educator
- Work for an organisation that makes an important social contribution
Passion for adult education? Join our L&D team and build the skills of a workforce that supports New Zealanders with disabilities and their whānau to realise their possibilities.
Learning & Development Facilitator - NZQA Focused
Want to be able to pass on your knowledge in health and disability support? This is an amazing opportunity to help develop and mentor the future leaders in Health and Disability!
Spectrum Foundation/Care are organisations that provide a wide range of support services for disabled people and their whanau. Our head office is in Auckland but our growing workforce (currently about 1200) is dispersed across five North Island centres.
This is an exciting period for our learning and development function. We are looking at new ways to deliver learning and create effective support systems for staff undertaking industry qualifications.
In this role you can expect to support and mentor Spectrum staff that are looking to improve their qualifications including, but not limited to, the NZQA Levels 2-4 certificates in health and wellbeing. You will be able to share your experience, skills and knowledge with staff from various backgrounds. But, as well as mentoring staff, the support you provide will involve collaboration with stakeholders and training providers to design effective learning support solutions for staff.
Key to your success will be your ability to harness technology such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and video conferencing for efficient and effective reach for remote learners. This would include coordinating and facilitating study groups, for example. However, there will also be an opportunity to engage more directly with learners in some other contexts, if required.
Based in our Greenlane office and reporting to the Learning & Development Lead, the ideal candidate for this opportunity is someone with a strong background in adult learning and who has a passion for learning and development. This is a fixed term role of 3 years.
- Up to date knowledge of L&D trends and methodologies, including blended and micro learning
- Enthusiasm for using technology as a learning enabler
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- The ability to collaborate and gain buy-in from stakeholders
- Proven ability to organise, prioritise and deliver
- Relevant sector experience and familiarity with NZQA and ITO's
- Being a workplace assessor will have a great advantage
- Experience with eLearning platforms and Learning Management Systems, for example talentlms, Aka Toi, IQuailify, Moodle, etc.
- Experience with authoring/design software like iSpring or Articulate (optional)
If you have a passion for adult education, you are hardworking, innovative and enjoy a challenge, this job might just be for you. If you also want the satisfaction of contributing toward a more inclusive society for disabled people we would love to welcome you onto the team!
For a confidential discussion please contact Sheaam Achmat on 027 2778741 or email [email protected]