People and Capability Business Partner - Dunedin City Council
We are seeking an experienced People and Capability Business Partner to join our team on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to work with our organisation providing our city with a wide range of services and facilities including urban design, dog registration, planning and the operation of our pools and libraries amongst many other services.
About the role
This is a broad role where you will partner with leadership teams across the Council working alongside them to support their teams. Using strategic and tactical HR solutions you will enhance capability and performance throughout the organisation. You will also:
- Ensure forward planning is undertaken to allow the business to meet its objectives through annual and long-term plans
- Provide support from workforce planning to operational and strategic HR work
- Use your skill set to proactively manage risk and understand metrics
- Partner with leaders to support, enable, advise & deliver on DCC’s strategic goals.
You will be excited to take on a new challenge that utilises your existing skill set while also thriving in an environment that encourages growth and career development. Building strong and beneficial working relationships with customers and colleagues will excite you, while also having:
- Proven experience in an HR advisory or BP role, within the broad generalist spectrum of HR
- Be positive and upbeat, with a can-do attitude
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and bring a wealth of generalist knowledge to the table
- Superior communication skills with the ability to exercise effective judgment
- A bachelor's degree in a Business-related discipline, Human Resource Management or have equivalent work experience.
If you want to join a fun supportive culture, while working on a broad variety of interesting and challenging work – then hit APPLY NOW today! For a confidential conversation, please phone Mike Cartwright - Head of People & Capability on 027 345 892.
Applications for this role will be considered as they are received, and suitable applications may be progressed prior to the closing date of 5 June 2023.
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Capability Level: Designs
Domains of Knowledge: HR Administration, Policy and Process Design, Change Management, Learning and Development, Workforce Planning, Leading the HR Function, Organisational Development
This employer recognises the value of Professional Accreditation with HRNZ.
Find out more about Professional Accreditation and The Path - the Capability Framework for HR Professionals.