People and Capability Coordinator - Animates
Animates is New Zealand’s leading pet care company with 44 pet specialty retail stores, 29 grooming salons, 17 veterinary clinics and growing! We put our clients, customers, and their pets at the heart of everything we do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a friendly, energetic and solutions focused People and Capability Coordinator to support the day-to-day operations of our high performing People team. No two days are the same in this fast paced, high volume, varied role, providing crucial coordination support to the business across all aspects of the employee life cycle, including:
- Preparing employment agreements, variations, secondments and other HR administration
- Maintaining databases and employee records
- Updating processes and polices
- Providing frontline HR advice to managers, including advising on employment legislation and internal policies
- Coordinating onboarding and offboarding for all employees
- Preparing monthly reports
- Supporting recruitment processes for the Veterinary division
- Assisting the People & Capability Advisor with employment relations
You’ll be joining the People & Capability team during an exciting time of digital transformation, and will provide support and assistance with the implementation of a new HRIS, therefore you must be tech savvy, adaptable and keen to grow and develop with the role.
You’ll be a friendly and driven individual who takes pride and ownership for your work, can work autonomously and as part of a team, has the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise workload as needed, and manages expectations and keeps customers informed to provide great service. You’ll also build and maintain strong working relationships with the business to become a trusted coordinator. You’ll have at least 2 years’ experience in an Administration or Coordination position, and working knowledge and understanding of NZ employment legislation and HR processes is desirable.
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working with an HR system, preferred
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources or another relevant area
- And a love of animals!
Why you’ll love Animates:
You’ll join a fun and passionate team, who are dedicated to making the world a happier place through the love of pets.
We offer a supportive company culture with people leaders dedicated to the health, safety and wellbeing of their people and where everyone embodies the Animates Vetcare values – passion, authentic, caring, knowledge and togetherness! We encourage you to bring your whole self to work and pride ourselves on being an inclusive Rainbow Tick Certified Employer.
- Ongoing learning and development to help you succeed in your role
- Generous discounts at our retail stores and vet clinics
- Fully flexible working arrangements
- Animals in the office regularly – you can even bring your well-behaved pet to work!
- Easy access to public transport, motorways, free carparking, great cafes and local amenities from our Ellerslie Support Office
Sound like you? If you’re ready to join New Zealand’s leading pet care company, apply today!