People & Culture Manager - Red Badge Group
Red Badge Group is New Zealand's leading independent provider of security and crowd management services across Key Facilities. We are a trusted partner to our clients and communities, consistently redefining expectations of service excellence within our industry.
But more than that we are real people, redefining security our way and a proud New Zealand owned business.
At Red Badge we have worked hard to build an experienced team with an inclusive and family-feel culture. As we enter into an exciting time of expansion and growth, we recognise that providing direct leadership and support to our existing HR team with a new Head of People and Culture position will keep us on task with what is central to our success and deeply important to us – our people.
About the Role:
Reporting to the CEO you will be a key partner to the business, heading up the People and Culture Team at Red Badge where you will be responsible for enabling and supporting a people-first, engaged and high performing work force.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing People and Culture strategy and working closely with Senior Management across the Regions to ensure people and culture related strategic objectives are met
- Delivering an employee experience that inspires and connects people to the purpose
- Acting as the trusted advisor on employee matters; providing expert analysis and insights to the leadership team
- Implementing a talent acquisition strategy to ensure the company has the right people employed on the right tasks
- Building a culture of high performance across the organisation
- Developing, centralising and executing key learning and development initiatives
- Providing leadership to the People and Culture team
- Overseeing the employee lifecycle and proactively look out for the wellbeing of our staff
You are an experienced people leader who has the strategic capability to drive for innovation but also easily builds rapport and develops relationships with stakeholders.
You are enthusiastic, committed, and have a genuine passion for building a high performing, people-centric culture and helping teams grow and scale.
You are collaborative and consultative but aren’t afraid to challenge the thinking of others. You enjoy providing fresh out of the box perspectives in your work and are focused on delivering positive people & culture initiatives and outcomes within the business.
You will bring with you an inclusive and approachable style in your interactions with others and also communicate with clarity, adjusting your content and style to meet the needs of the audience.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 8-10 years generalist HR experience, preferably in a similar or larger sized organisation in the growth stage. You have a tertiary education in an HR/Management related (or similar) field and proven experience managing others.
You will also be technologically savvy, including having a strong understanding & use of the Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS and Learning Management Software.
What we Offer
This is an incredible opportunity to step into a pivotal role with a company who truly gets that people are the heart of their business.
Here at Red Badge we offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours and learning and development opportunities.
To find out more and/or for a confidential discussion, please get in touch with Ben Wooding at [email protected] .
To apply for this vacancy, you MUST be an NZ citizen, resident or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.