Senior HR Business Partner - KPMG New Zealand
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals and government agencies. KPMG New Zealand has a growing reputation for values-driven behaviour, and strong staff engagement anchored in a clearly articulated vision for the firm of "fuelling NZ's prosperity."
In order to deliver on this vision the firm must attract, develop and retain the very best people, and create a workplace environment in which everyone is able to flourish. To help achieve this we are looking for a talented senior HR business partner to join our People, Performance and Culture (PPC) team. This role works closely with business leaders to develop and support the successfully delivery of their people strategy and objectives.
- Reporting into the HR Advisory Team Lead, this senior HR generalist role will provide a high level of strategic enablement, advice, guidance and coaching to a group of diverse stakeholders across the business.
- We are looking for someone who can develop strong relationships across a large and complex business, as well as within the People, Performance and Culture (PPC) team, and be a trusted advisor and influencer to our Partners and leaders.
Day to day you will:
- Provide a high level of strategic enablement, advice, guidance and coaching for an identified area of the business, working closely with their Partners and leaders on people related matters including employment relations, performance and talent development, reward and recognition, and change management.
- Participate in and lead firm-wide PPC strategic initiatives and projects which lift the people experience, culture and value proposition for current and future employees.
- Leverage the collective capability of PPC by working closely with our Talent & Mobility, Organisational Development and Learning & Development colleagues.
- Connect with global KPMG resources and external market trends, research and insights to ensure our people offerings remain fresh and relevant.
- Challenge the status quo and inspire others to continuously improve.
- Provide leadership and facilitate problem solving within and across the PPC team.
- Develop and improve HR policies, procedures and processes.
- Mentor junior members of the PPC team.
- Deliver a world-class people experience.
What you'll bring to our team:
- A sound generalist HR background with a minimum 8 years' experience and knowledge of New Zealand employment law
- A relevant tertiary qualification in HR or similar.
- The ability to quickly establish, build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to effectively interact with leaders.
- Flexibility and judgement to adapt your approach to suit a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- An inclusive and collaborative manner.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
— Access to ‘[email protected]’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
— Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
— Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
— Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
— Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please apply directly to the role here.
Job Advert Link: https://jobs.lever.co/kpmgnz/a14a18be-d670-4d99-812c-32542092895f