Senior HR Legal Adviser - Victoria University of Wellington
- Do you have significant experience in providing expert advice on Human Resources initiatives, projects, policies, and employment matters?
- Are you able to effectively build and manage effective and constructive working relationships?
- Do you have a Law degree with a current practising certificate (or ability to obtain one)?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Senior HR Legal Adviser to join the Employment Law and Employment Relations team, part of the University's wider Human Resources team. This is a permanent part-time position (up to 24 hours per week) and operates in an existing job-share arrangement.
The Senior HR Legal Adviser will undertake specific work and provide expert employment law advice and support on HR initiatives and projects at the University, including coordinating the development, review, updating and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures. The role will also provide expert legal advice and support in relation to employment matters to the Director, Human Resources (and other SLT Members when required), Managers across the University, and the wider Human Resources team.
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will have significant experience in human resources or legal advisory role, within a medium to large complex organisation or have worked in law firms providing employment law advice and services to clients.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Law and a current NZLS practising certificate (or the ability to obtain one)
- Proven experience in policy development and providing advice on complex projects
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- A sound understanding of change management principles
- Competence in Microsoft Office products
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Our team is fast-paced, likes sharing ideas, and working in a collaborative style. We offer you flexible working arrangements and a supportive environment, working with other professionals who are experts in their field. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is seeking a part-time, job-share arrangement in an HR legal role.
Contact details for vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Steve Wragg, [email protected] but applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form
Click the apply now button and follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you're a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to [email protected] stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.
Applications close Friday, 21 January 2022.