Transforming HRM in Aotearoa
- Register for Transforming HRM in Aotearoa pilot programme
- Sponsored placement available - more information | download application form
The need for an Aotearoa specific framework
Nā tō rourou, nā taku rourou, Ka ora ai te iwi.
With your basket of knowledge, and my basket of knowledge, the people shall prosper.
Aotearoa is a unique country with unique cultural influences. HRNZ is committed to developing HR practices that reflect this uniqueness and to ensure Māori are succeeding in New Zealand workplaces.
HRNZ is proud to have developed a programme to provide HR practitioners with an opportunity to develop their HR practice to benefit Māori employees directly and intentionally, recognising Māori as Tāngata Whenua o Aotearoa and Treaty of Waitangi partners. Through the programme and follow-up projects, we aim to facilitate the development of culturally responsive and equitable HRM practice that aspires to improve the employee experience for Māori in the workplace.
The main aims of this programme are:
- creating a critical mass movement of HR practitioners who commit to bicultural HR professional development
- providing HR practitioners with a safe forum to share and discuss cultural competency within HRM
- identifying HRM solutions that may improve the workplace for Māori
- developing the cultural competency of HR practitioners through the cultural context of Te Ao Māori and Mātauranga Māori.
- Transforming HRM in Aotearoa Pilot Programme - course details | Register Now
- Sponsored placement available for up to 4 Māori HR practitioners - More Information... | Apply for Sponsored Placement
- HRNZ Chief Executive Nick McKissack shares his thinking behind the programme development - read article