There are a number of benefits that come from entering yourself or your team into awards. Below are some of the great reasons why you should take part in the NZ HR Awards.
- Despite the fact that there can only be one winner, in reality, everybody benefits. This is because the big win often comes from the process of preparing the application. Entering awards often helps give clarity, and is a chance to reflect on processes and successes and define business and personal goals
- Entering the Awards also gives you the opportunity to get feedback from an impartial third party, the judges. This feedback can be very valuable as it lets you know what you’re doing well and where there are opportunities to improve.
- Winning an award or being named as a finalist can significantly raise the profile of you and your organisation amongst your peers and the wider HR/business community. It provides the opportunity to showcase your skills and often attracts considerable media attention.
- Winning an award also gives you a point of difference and external endorsement is always good for business as it enhances your reputation, credibility and gives the assurance of third party approval.
- Winning or being shortlisted for a team award can be a boost to employee motivation and team morale. It can also make your organisation more attractive to future employees.
- NZ HR Award winners are frequently invited to speak around the country at various conferences, seminars and business events.
An important component of the NZ HR Awards is also the ability for others within the profession to learn from your experiences and be inspired to continually improve all aspects of HR within their own organisations.
How to Enter
To view the full criteria on each Award Category, click on each Category Name on the Categories and Criteria page. Please use the following Entry Forms as Guides for the required information. HRNZ will have an Online Form for Awards submissions available shortly.
The judging panel for each award will consist of senior practitioners, both generalists and specialists in the New Zealand HR community.
- Entries Open – Shortly
- Entries Close – November 2019
- Finalists announced – December 2019
- Awards Ceremony – Wednesday, 26th February 2020