As an Academic Member, we want you to become Chartered and are committed to making it as stress free and as easy as possible for you.
Apply in 5 easy steps:
- Fill in the Application Form
- Update your CV
- Provide evidence of highest qualification and three teaching evaluations
- Provide two referees.
- Submit your application.
Preparing your Application
The application process does not require further study and does not require you to take an exam. HRNZ will review your application. If you don't meet the any of the requirements at any of the Steps, then you will be sent feedback on where the shortfall(s) are and invited to reapply.
- Complete the Application Form
- Update and attach your full CV with your application. This should include your teaching experience and list of publications, evidence of your highest academic qualification, at least three relevant teaching evaluations (you may choose a mix of student and peer evaluations).
- Provide evidence of highest qualification and three teaching evaluations.
HRNZ will verify your experience through personally nominated referees that are required as part of the application form.
- Provide details for two referees who are Chartered members of HRNZ (academics and/or practitioners). We require their names, job titles, positions and email addresses
- Your referees will receive an online reference template via email to complete
- Submit the Application Form including supporting documentation to [email protected]
The Assessment Process
The following are the steps in the assessment process once you have submitted your application:
- You’ll receive an acknowledgement of your Application which will include an indication of how long the Application is expected to be assessed.
- HRNZ will then contact your nominated referees to validate the information you have supplied.
- Next, you will be contacted for an interview with 2 members of the assessment panel.
When your assessment has been completed you will be advised on the outcome of your Chartered Membership application.
If successful, you will be accredited as a Chartered Member (Academic) and provided with guidance on how to maintain your status.
If you are not successful, you will receive feedback on which areas you need to improve on in order to strengthen your application.
This application process does not end in a 'pass' or 'fail' manner. Instead, we support you to reach the competencies required to become Chartered.