Safety & Training Advisor - Port Otago
Port Otago Group’s business comprises a regional container terminal, bulk port activities, cruise (on hold) and property investment and development. We service South Canterbury, Otago, and Southland, working with customers to streamline their supply chains. Our culture is hands-on, safety focused and encourages continuous improvement.
Reporting directly to the Safety & Training Leader, the Safety & Training Advisor will be a champion who can provide both safety and training support to internal and external customers, ensuring a priority focus on safe work practices, while also striving to achieve zero harm and keeping our people safe.
Day to day you will prepare and deliver quality skill-based training modules to ensure all Port Otago workers are competent, confident and safe within their roles. You will also undertake regular workplace inspection/audits and take appropriate action to remove/manage hazards/risks that are identified within our workplace. Furthermore, you will also collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure safety and regulatory compliance, assist in the development and delivery of SOP’s, as well as drive continuous improvement projects aligned with the companies priorities.
Some of the qualities we are looking for:
- A true passion for Health & Safety – not afraid to speak up, lead by example and act immediately if something is wrong!
- Proven safety focus and experience in training development/delivery within an operational role
- Trainer & Assessor Qualifications
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Group facilitation skills
- Strong organisation skills with ability to multi-task and to also plan ahead and forecast
- High level of computer proficiency and be able to demonstrate competency in standard office applications e.g. MS Excel and preparing reports
- Exposure and understanding of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Proven experience and strong interpersonal skills to work with varied stakeholder and maintaining close working relationships.
While the port industry has traditionally attracted men, times are changing. We strongly encourage women to apply and investigate this opportunity.
What’s in it for you?
In return, you can look forward to working for a company which prides itself on ongoing Health and Wellness initiatives, and a collaborative work environment which encourages people to be as great as they can be.
- A full clean NZ Drivers licence is essential
- A high standard of safety - not afraid to speak up
- You must be able to pass Ministry of Justice, ACC checks and a medical which includes a drug and alcohol test as part of our recruitment process
- Random drug and alcohol testing
- This position needs to be performed by someone who is vaccinated against Covid-19.
How do I apply?
Please apply online via our Port Otago Careers website www.portotago.co.nz/careers to ensure our Port Otago Application Form is completed.
Applications Close 12 December 2021