Senior Payroll Specialist
We are looking to recruit a Senior Payroll Specialist to join our payroll team.
This role will see you supporting the Team Leader in ensuring timely and accurate execution of payroll for POAL and its subsidiaries. You will be a champion of continuous improvement and best practice, and will continuously investigate and champion the implementation of automated processes and workflows where appropriate.
The Key Focus of this role is to:
- Ensure the timely and accurate execution of the payroll process
- Identify potential business and system process improvements related to payroll and work with the People and Capability team to implement when appropriate
- Generate timely and accurate reports for POAL managers and the Finance team on a regular basis as agreed, and on request when required.
- Lead Payroll and People and Capability related improvement initiatives and projects
- Assist with ensuring that contingency or risk management procedures are documented, implemented and regularly maintained.
- Support the Team Leader Payroll Services in maintaining and administering POAL Superannuation Schemes.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of employment and payroll legislation and compliance requirements eg: Holidays Act, Wages Protection Act, Employment Relations Act, Parental Leave Act
- 5+ years’ experience using a payroll or HRIS system (ideally PayGlobal) with conceptual understanding of payroll systems and you can work it out.
- Experience in leading payroll or finance related projects and can achieve goals.
- Extensive working knowledge of the principles of the Privacy Act
- Experience in process and continuous improvement and give attention to detail.
Please direct any initial queries to Louise Fountain, Business Partner – People and Capability on 09 348-5332, 021 334 568 or email@example.com
Applications close on Monday 20 January 2020.