Senior HR Advisor - NZNO
Senior HR Advisor
- Unique, challenging and rewarding role
- Lead and coordinate HR and H&S activities
- Attractive remuneration package
The NZ Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is the lead professional nursing organisation and union for nurses. NZNO represents more than 51,000 nurses, midwives, students, kaimahi hauora and health workers of which 3,600 are Māori members in Aotearoa/New Zealand. We represent the interests of nurses on professional and employment-related matters.
NZNO is a progressive organisation which works to improve the health status of all people of Aotearoa/New Zealand through participation in health and social policy development.
NZNO employs 150 employees across 10 sites around New Zealand. This position is based in Wellington.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Senior HR Advisor will lead and co-ordinate a programme of human resources and health and safety activities across NZNO to support the organisation to achieve NZNO’s strategic plan.
This includes being responsible for human resources planning, policy and reporting, employee relations, health and safety, including working with/supporting line managers and staff on all employment-related systems and processes.
- Have more than 5 years’ experience operating as a Senior HR Advisor
- Proven ability to work both strategically and operationally
- Experience leading and managing a programme of work
- Proven track record of leading and delivering significant cultural change, practical organisational development projects and supporting change
- Excellent knowledge of the New Zealand employment, health and safety and payroll legislation
- Strong communication and engagement skills
- Experience working in unionised environments
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and commitment to Māori tikanga processes
- A relevant tertiary qualification, or a combination of qualifications and experience
This is a unique challenge and opportunity to deliver best practice human resources within both a union environment and for a professional association.
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 8 March 2020
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069