Senior HR Business Partner - Whanganui District Council
Senior HR Business Partner
- Work for a fast-paced local government organisation
- Varied, true generalist HR position
We are seeking an experienced Senior HR Business Partner to join this complex business in the Local Government sector. This is an exciting role where you will be partnering with various managers across your portfolio to support them through both change and complex ER matters. This is a varied, true generalist HR role that is not to be missed!
Reporting to the HR Manager, this is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle people support in a varied and dynamic workforce and is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support and driving people functional excellence.
As the Senior HR Business Partner, you will work closely with our senior leaders to deliver effective strategic HR initiatives along with practises and systems to deliver their business objectives. As a trusted advisor to your managers and staff, you will provide advice and guidance across all facets of HR, as well as working closely with the HR Manager to help coordinate delivery and provide input into strategic initiatives.
A background in either central or local government would be beneficial as would experience working within a unionised environment. You will also have change management, capability development and performance management in your HR tool kit. Strong stakeholder management, an open and honest communication style as well as the ability to influence and get buy in are all part of your DNA. In return you will have the opportunity to work within an organisation that really does value its people and the community.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Strong understanding and experience in change management principles
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Flexible with fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- Solutions focus and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables
- Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Strong administrative skills and an eye for detail
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, then please don't hesitate to get in touch.
If you are looking to take the next step in your planning career in the HR environment then you need to contact Catherine Dutton, HR Manager for a chat - give her a call on 06 349 3191 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Please do not send applications to this person).
To apply for this job go to: whanganuidc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5060504. Applications close 05 April 2020