HR Advisor - Mercury NZ Limited (Fixed Term)
Mercury is on a mission to help Kiwis enjoy energy in more wonderful ways. We do this by championing e.transport, providing offers to our loyal customers and innovating with digital solutions to make us easy and rewarding. We enable our people to adapt to the changing nature of work in order to deliver the highest levels of productivity and performance, while continually striving great place to work.
As an experienced HR Advisor, you will empower our leaders through offering advice, coaching and guidance throughout the organisation. Based in Hamilton, with the support of your team in Auckland, you'll work with the HR Business Partners to manage and add value to your designated portfolios. As a confident communicator, you'll have the opportunity to build strong relationships with our people who are dedicated, passionate and love what they do. This role will involve putting on the hardhat and high vis vest to visit our generation sites, which are surrounded by spectacular views.
This is a fixed term position covering parental leave until January 2022.
Key duties include:
- Provide operational HR support to employees
- Work with the wider People and Performance team to deliver large scale HR projects and get involved in strategic work
- Provide sound advice to managers on performance coaching, dealing with minor behavioural matters or engaging with team members to identify growth opportunities
- Look for and initiate opportunities to contribute to the performance of the business and lift capability and engagement
We are looking for:
- Intermediate experience as a HR generalist advisor which has given you exposure to different industries and employment law
- Fully conversant with employment related legislation and practical experience in negotiation, conflict resolution and change management
- Confidence in working through complex ER cases
- Adaptability to shift priorities and work in a fast paced environment
- Collaborative team player
A full position description is available below. Applications close Thursday, 21st January at 5:00pm.