General Manager - People & Culture
General Manager, People & Culture
- Senior leadership role
- Auckland based
PwC has recently embarked on a global transformation journey to ensure it continues to offer its clients and communities the thought leadership and the highest quality services they expect, now and into the future. Quality lies at the heart of everything that PwC delivers in order to make a real difference to organisations every day in a rapidly changing world. Recognising that the firm has a key responsibility to help people adapt for the future, combined with an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement, PwC has invested deeply in technology, with the aim of being one of the most cloud enabled organisations in the world. Business transformation also includes a multi billion dollar investment in upskilling PwC people to ensure their skills are fit for purpose for the future, enabling them to continue to offer subject matter expertise to their clients across an integrated network that operates in 157 countries.
PwC in NZ now offers a highly rewarding opportunity for a senior HR leader to take on a key national role as GM, People & Culture. Reporting to the MD, Operations, the GM leads a team of five direct reports and a wider team of functional experts to actively lead and develop the One Firm People Strategy across NZ. This multifaceted role is both strongly strategic as well as operational and key responsibilities include:
- An ongoing focus on all aspects of PwC culture and its values, contributing to the annual global people survey and implementing action plans that reflect the firm’s commitment to aspirational continuous improvement
- Leading key organisational design and development projects which position the firm strongly in a digital age. These include the global initiative designed to upskill PwC people, the future of work, leadership development, workforce and succession planning, diversity and inclusion, pay equity, health and safety, wellbeing and ongoing learning.
- Ensuring best practice resourcing and global mobility to harness and retain talent
- Driving the development of performance and remuneration strategies that support flexible working practices
- Assuming a governance role for the Auckland office move in 2020
You will be an experienced and authentic HR leader with a demonstrated track record of operating successfully at an executive and Board level. An articulate and compelling communicator, you will be able to clearly capture a vision for PwC’s HR function which aligns to the global strategic plan and inspires the team you lead in NZ. As a seasoned change agent with robust professional credibility and advanced organisational development experience, you will have the energy, courage and resilience to drive sustainable improvement in people practices wherever it is required. A proven outcome focus, combined with an ability to prioritise effectively, will be key to success in this complex and challenging role. Your effective coaching and relationship building skills, together with sharp commercial acumen and well developed conceptual thinking, will ensure you are confidently set up for success on this remarkable journey.
Please contact Julia Stones CFHRINZ on 0220 347 066 if you have any queries or require additional information.
Please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on Friday 25 October 2019.