HRNZ is made up of individual members. It does not currently have corporate or organizational membership. Your membership remains with you, regardless of your employment or who funds your membership.
The Membership Year is 12 months from the date of your application or renewal with Membership fees for new members due at time of your application unless you are paying by monthly Automatic Payment (General Members only).
It is your responsibility to keep HRNZ informed of any changes of address and other contact information.
The annual membership subscription fee to be paid is set for the financial year commencing 1 April and is payable by members within one month of invoicing.
Members are emailed an invoice for their 12 month membership, 1 month prior to their renewal date.
HRNZ membership will commence on the date on which your application is received and your fees will cover the 12 month period. One month prior to your renewal date you will be invoiced for the next year's fee at the rate then applying.
If any monies are due to HRNZ at date of resignation, they remain payable.
To avoid being invoiced for the next membership year please submit your resignation ideally no later than the month before your renewal month , as invoices are automatically generated 1 month prior to your renewal date for the following membership year. For resignations during the term of membership, there are no partial refunds.
For Student Membership you must have a current Student ID Card to qualify.
To receive a full refund cancellations must be received by HRNZ Regional Events Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org more than two working days before the day of the event. Cancellations after this time and/or 'no shows' on the day will be payable in full. Substitutions are welcome - please email email@example.com with their details.
Liability of Payment
The individual (event profile holder) is liable for payment of event invoices registered against their profile.
Note: if you register other people for events against your personal profile, you will be liable for payment.
NZATD Members who wish to receive the HRNZ member rate for attending a HRNZ branch event must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details: Name of event that you wish to attend, Event Date, First Name, Last Name, Position, Organisation, Email, Daytime contact phone, Postal Address for sending invoice, NZATD Membership Number (we will verify this) - If you register online, you will be charged the displayed Non-Member rate.
All courses and webinars in the HRNZ Professional Development Programme are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Registration for a course or webinar implies that the attendee intends to attend and pay the course or webinar registration fee prior to the commencement of the course or webinar.
- Attendee to use the invoice number as the payment reference number when making payment
- Attendees are entitled to the early bird discounted registration fee where payment is received in full before the cut off date for early bird registration closes
- Where payment for the early bird discounted registration fee is not received by HRNZ before the close off of the early bird date, the attendee will automatically be invoiced for the difference between the early bird rate and standard rate, and must make payment prior to attending the course
- Webinars are not eligible for early bird discounted registration fee
- The ‘Member’ registration fees apply only to those attendees who are current financial members of HRNZ at the time that the course or webinar is held
- Where the attendee ceases to be a financial member of HRNZ at the time that the course or webinar is held, the attendee will automatically be invoiced for the difference between the member and non member rate, and must make payment prior to attending the course
- HRNZ reserves the right to substitute presenters, reschedule or cancel courses or webinars where circumstances are beyond its control
- HRNZ Professional Development courses and webinars are subject to the Cancellation Policy set out below.
HRNZ welcomes a substitute attendee if the original attendee is unable to attend the course or webinar by notifying HRNZ prior to the commencement of the course or webinar. Please contact Events to advise the change and make any additional payment if required. If the substitute attendee is not a HRNZ member they will be invoiced the difference in the registration fee.
- A full refund of the registration fee will be made if a cancellation is received in writing at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the course or webinar
- No full or part refund will be payable where there is less than 10 working days notice before the commencement of the course or webinar
- If the attendee’s organisation is meeting the cost of registration fee, the organisation will be liable for any outstanding costs regardless.
Payment of Accounts
Invoices may be paid by credit card and internet banking and are due within one month. Please ensure you include the invoice number as your reference with your payment. Credit card payments can be made through our secure website.
In the absence of special arrangements, we do not allow a credit facility. Overdue accounts are deemed to be those accounts that remain unpaid after thirty days from the date of invoice.
HRNZ reserves the right to refer overdue accounts to an external debt collection agency. Collection costs incurred by HRNZ for the collection of any overdue accounts will be the responsibility of the debtor and all charges must be paid in full at the time of collection.
HRNZ will endeavour to ensure a full professional approach to all services provided. However, HRNZ shall not be liable for any consequences of the provision of services to you, except for consequences arising as a direct result of the wilful negligence on the part of HRNZ.
Email is the primary method of communication between HRNZ and its members, including event notices, HR matters, and annual membership invoicing.
Opting out - You can remove yourself from individual regional branch streams by updating your profile. To be completely removed from all HRNZ membership emails please send an email to email@example.com
1) There is no alternate way to communicate our branch event notices or membership information.
2) Opting out of receiving emails from HRNZ does not cancel your membership. This must be done seperately.
Human Resources Magazine
The views expressed in HumanResources are not necessarily those of the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand, nor does the advertisement of any product or service in this magazine imply endorsement of it by the Institute. ISSN 1173-7522. Copyright© Human Resources Institute of New Zealand Inc. All material appearing in HumanResources is copyright and cannot be reproduced without prior permission of the publisher.
HRNZ Website Usage
The materials on the HRNZ website are intended to provide general information only and may not necessarily be accurate or current. This site may contain links or other references to other parties and their websites. HRNZ cannot control the contents of those other sites, and makes no guarantee about the accuracy, timeliness or subject matter of the material located on those sites. HRNZ does not necessarily approve of, endorse or sponsor any content or material on those sites.
HRNZ makes no guarantees or representations that material on other websites to which this website is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world. HRNZ is not, and must not be taken to be, authorising infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material or other sites by linking or allowing links to, this website to such material on other sites.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, HRNZ and each author of this site disclaims any liability to any person arising out of any action or failure to act by that person, in accessing, downloading, using or relying on any materials from this website whether caused by the negligence of HRNZ or otherwise.
Under no circumstances will HRNZ and each author of this website be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including damages for loss of business or other profits, arising in relation to the use of any material from this website in any way whatsoever whether caused by the negligence of HRNZ or otherwise.
HRNZ does not represent or guarantee that any files obtained from or through this site are free from computer viruses or other defects. Any such files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from use of those files.
Acknowledgement of Terms
Unless you formally advise otherwise, your continued association and use of the website will be taken by HRNZ as your acceptance of these terms.
Updated: 1 March 2018