HRNZ Board - Registration of Interest
Under the terms of the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand's (HRNZ) Constitution, nominations are sought to elect THREE Board Directors to serve three years on the voluntary HRNZ Board with the term commencing 1 April 2022.
This is an opportunity for Professional Members of HRNZ to be involved in the future of our organisation. The quality of the Board and Board-appointed committees impacts directly on the quality of service provided by HRNZ to our members.
A Registration of Interest is required from those who are interested in serving on the Board. Please refer to the Skills and Experience Matrix before outlining your skills and experience on the Candidate Profile Form.
Your Candidate Profile Form will go out to members as part of the election process. You must also provide a CV including any governance experience and a recent head and shoulders photo in jpeg format, ideally high resolution. See here for the Election Process Timeline.
The Board expects all directors to have the ability to probe, challenge and make recommendations, with a creative and innovative approach to driving HRNZ forward in line with the strategic objectives. The Board is particularly keen to encourage candidates with skills and experience in some of the following areas:
- Board/Governance experience is desirable
- A commercial focus with proven commercial acumen and business experience
- Skilled in stakeholder management and networking
- A strong, professional business reputation combined with industry profile and credibility
- A sound understanding of information technology with particular emphasis on digital strategies
- Financial management
There is a time obligation you should be aware of and must commit to if you stand for the Board. This includes one full day every second month to attend face-to-face Board meetings, normally held in Wellington or online via video conferencing, along with approximately 10 hours per month for complete reading of all papers, undertaking follow up actions, and leading or attending Board Sub-Committees/portfolios.
In addition to this, Board Directors are expected to attend the national awards evening. Please note that travel costs within New Zealand to Board meetings and awards evening are paid for by HRNZ.
As the Board and Committee meetings are usually held within business hours, it is important you have permission from your employer, if applicable, to attend and conduct work on behalf of the Board.
Please note the following points:
- To be eligible for the HRNZ Board, you must be a Professional Member of HRNZ (EPMHRNZ, CMHRNZ, CFHRNZ, DistFHRNZ)
- Must be a current financial Member of HRNZ at the time of taking office (1 April).
- Nominations from existing or past HRNZ Elected Directors will be accepted where they have less than, or equal to, six years HRNZ 'Elected Director' experience as at February 2022.
- The Board term will be for a period of three years with those elected in the 2022 election serving until 31 March 2025.
- The first Board Meeting for the newly elected members will be 6 May 2022.
Registrations of interest close at midnight, Sunday 27 February 2022.
Please consider joining the HRNZ Board to make a meaningful difference to the HR profession in NZ. If you have any questions, please contact me via Kathryn Jennings at [email protected].